Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sanding Port Bottom, Part 2


August 27, 2015


Wanting to get the port bottom down to gelcoat in increments rather than a suicidal 1-day stretch, I returned to the port bottom this evening for about 2 hours to continue progress toward my goal.  The barrier coat was applied in at least a couple more coats on the port bottom, making for arduously slow progress.  I may return to another application of paint stripping gel before continuing on with burning through 40-grit discs.


After a couple hours, I had made satisfactory progress.


By the coming weekend, I should have the port side complete which will allow me to begin addressing the pinholes, voids, and severely cracking gelcoat prior to application of a new barrier coat.




Total Time: 2.25 Hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment