Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sanding Port Bottom, Part 1


August 25, 2015

Taking advantage of a couple hours to make progress on the port side, I grabbed the random orbital sander and the full-face mask.  I worked the aft quarter of the port bottom, removing the remaining anti-fouling paint as well as the barrier coat.  In this small section, I did find a few areas where the laminate was retaining water.  I marked these areas - pin holes - to then grind out and fill at a later time.  For the limited time that I had this evening, I made good progress on the hull.


The blueish coloring on the trailing edge of the keel is a likely an Interlux fairing compound applied to correct voids in the laminate.  I'm looking forward to finishing the paint removal so that I can get to the rebuilding of the bottom.



Total Time: 2.5 Hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment