Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Cape Dory Typhoon, Weekender

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Materials, Time & Labor, Update 1

August 30, 2015

I thought I would share the expense side of buying a classic sailboat, as well as what kind of time investment is required to take it from "needs a little TLC" to a nicely restored vessel.  As you can see, I low-balled the labor number - boatyards routinely run between $75 and $100+ per man-hour.  With 71 hours invested in Alva Anne thus far, I have only just barely begun the rebuilding phase.  With respect to expenses, I have most of the higher priced items secured and so will see only a small increase in this ledger.  I will need to purchase the topside paint, but plan for a more moderately priced product: Interlux Perfection, two-part polyurethane.  Labor of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment